Tuesday, March 1, 2011
For it, or Against it
In researching for my town meeting I learned a lot about David Horowitz and I have been very impressed by his work to preserve the freedoms and opportunities America boasts. He is a Jew, born to communist parents and has moved across the political spectrum from the far left to the far right. He helped to organize protests against the Vietnam war and was extremely influential in achieving equal rights for all Americans through the Civil Rights movement. This is the mission statement video from his website called "Freedom Center."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it's interesting to look at David Horowitz movement as a whole. He travels from college to college educating students about this political cause. Interesting because many of the campuses didn't want to hear what he had to say and students protested him out of there, yet he kept coming back because future politicians and freedom advocates are students. Students are shaping their opinions and are prefect audiences to target and educate.
ReplyDelete