When I read this article I was sad and quite disgusted. I thought incidences like this didn't happen anymore. The poor man just wanted to use the bathroom! Since it was the owner of the store who led the attack of this man, it made me wonder how many black people had ever entered his store before. Was he one of the only blacks who had ever walked in? Surely they have had other black customers? Why was this innocent man attacked. This article made me realize that although there are many federal protections for black people, racism and hate is still very alive in America.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Three Men Sentenced to Prison for Attacking a Black Man
The black men entered a convenience store to use the restroom when he was "forcibly escorted" out of the store, threatened with a chainsaw, and had his car stolen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment