Friday, December 3, 2010

Another Post on Homosexuality in the Armed Forces

I stumbled upon this article this afternoon:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2010/1203/Don-t-ask-don-t-tell-Can-military-handle-a-repeal-of-gay-ban

It touches on the previously mentioned issue of homosexuality among members of the armed forces, then a little on segregation in the military.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post,Melissa.
    It is hard for me to say whether or not I support the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell." On one hand, I think that homosexuals have the right to serve for the country openly. They should not be oppressed like Blacks being segregated in the army in the last century. Also, investigating and discharging gays and lesbians in the army have wasted taxpayers' a lot of money and many of the discharged soldiers have skills that are in need. On the other hand, there are many people in the army who hold more conservative opinions toward homosexual behaviors. Their reaction should also be taken into consideration.

    ReplyDelete