http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/genetics_of_homosexuality.html
Until our class discussion I honestly felt as though being gay was a choice. AFter hearing so many testimonials and hearing so many examples of people having those inclinations from a young age, I changed my thought on it. I felt so badly for having judged people who were born with this unfortunate thing. Being a member of the church I cannot imagine how hard that would be having to with stand that temptation and being challenged my whole earth life. I would not want to get married if I were in that position and I cannot wait to hear about life from the student that is coming to talk to us. I admire him in the fact that he still got married and withstands the temptations he must feel every day. That would be the hardest struggle for me ever and I was unaware of how many BYU students struggle with this.
I have never really known anyone that was gay, so it is hard for me to relate to those who struggle with that. I pray that those who struggle with it can overcome it.
ReplyDeleteI have never really known anyone that was gay either, so I find it hard to relate as well. I held the belief that being gay was a choice for a long time. I still believe that a person chooses how they act and they are still accountable for that, but I have a better understanding of how much of a struggle it is to be gay and be a member of the Church. It would be a very hard trial to go through. I admire how the guest speaker has handled his actions and reaction to it, that he is now married and has started the USGA that helps others that are struggling. I hope that the people in that group can learn from his example and be able to maintain the faith that it is possible and that God still loves them. The guest speakers' lecture today was very interesting.
ReplyDelete