Wednesday, November 9, 2011

IS Everyone a little bit racist?

Couldn't help posting this song. Food for thought. ...Thoughts? ;)

Personally, I'd have to agree. I think we can't help but make judgement's based on race sometimes. As Kevin, our guest speaker said, we make 7 assumptions about people in the first 11 seconds of meeting them. 
Maybe we could live in harmony if we all admitted that are all a little bit racist, and then move on. ;) 

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone definitely has personal biases and prejudices instilled in us by parents, teachers, and other surrounding factors. The first impressions you have of a person reflect these ideas.
    I can see this related to myself as well. Learning history of prosecution and discrimination within our country and more specifically my state it is hard not to have harsh feelings and racist thoughts.
    -Amber Ah Sue

    ReplyDelete