I know this is a a bit different topic than normal, but I remember reading something about a month and a half ago about not letting the chain of love stop with you. I've been thinking about that lately. I was also thinking about when I was a nanny for my nieces and nephews over the summer. I remember being horrified at the shows they ended up watching. I felt that they were really vulgar and rude. They were basically teaching my little nieces and nephews how to make fun of and to hate people that they view as different or inferior. Maybe the nostalgia is hitting early at 20, but weren't the kids show about accepting others and being kind and understanding? Anyway, my roommate found this mini movie on youtube that sums up the point. With all of the tension going on, like elections, shootings, hate crimes, and lack of understanding, we need to revisit the power of a compliment. It feels like all of us are surrounded by unfeeling comments. With all of the topics we have covered in class, it is hard not to notice how the power of words can bring an entire population down. The sheer number of racial slurs is staggering! Hopefully this will put a smile on your face because your smile is beautiful and you are awesome!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cbk980jV7Ao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Rebecca Anderson
Monday, April 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sorry, here is the address
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbk980jV7Ao
opps!
I wasn't really sure how to react to this video at first but I found it very interesting. I really believe of the power of a compliment. This video made me think of how people get caught up in daily tasks and worrying about their future and may forget about living for today. As I prepare for my mission it's been hard to not think that life will be so much better when I am home from my mission, that girls have no interest in pre-missionaries at BYU... This video helped remind me that I need to live for today, enjoying everyday and complimenting others, making their days even just a little bit better.
DeleteNick Hawes
I love this little video, and I think it has a true message. But it's nice to watch it just because it's nice to see people be happy. I think we have a natural inclination to want that.
ReplyDeleteAnd there is something in this video - he did what he could to make that girl smile, but he wouldn't have been able to make her smile if he ONLY tried to make her smile. But he made a difference to everyone, and it came back around to her. And if we're trying to show someone we're a kind person, it's more important to be that kind person and then they'll know that's how you are.
-Katria Hale