Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog is designed for a class at Brigham Young University. Students use this blog to discuss elements of our multicultural society that we learn about in class. Due to the limit in the number of authors allowed, only students will be able to make posts on this blog. We welcome comments to the posts. Our hope is that this blog will foster dialogue about a number of difficult issues regarding diversity, which in turn will help us to better understand other people's diverse perspectives.
I saw this movie yesterday and it was AWESOME!!! I strongly recommend it to everyone.
ReplyDeleteI agree, it's definetly a MUST SEE! It had a great story line with comical and inspiring scenes. It goes along with our class too because it shows the relationship between different classes and races and the interactions with each other. Loved the movie!
ReplyDeleteI saw this movie also and I definitely recommend it to everyone. I especially liked how it showed the racism and classism that Sandra Bullock encountered when she took in Big Mike. It was interesting to me how she must have been around it all the time but that she did not think about it until she decided to help him. Because this movie is based off a true story we can see how those issues still exist in America. I have always known that these were a problem but I don't know what I can do to solve them. This movie has motivated me to find something that I myself can do to help.
ReplyDeleteI saw this movie also and it is one i definitely recommend. After watching the movie, i was impressed with Sandra Bullock and her role in the movie, in helping Big Mike, get a good education and help him on his path to success. Despite all that was going on at the time, with all the prejudice and hatred against blacks, she was able to see past the color and help him. Also, while watching the movie, i was taken back when on of the teachers, the man, i don't remember his name, refused to help Big Mike; Wasn't welcoming or willing to help. And then i thought of how that would have been and thought of how i would have reacted and handled the situation. Although there was no acutal confrontation with the teacher, it was very evident as to what he was doing.
ReplyDelete