Here is another sad tale of people being attacked merely for being gay.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog is designed for a class at Brigham Young University. Students use this blog to discuss elements of our multicultural society that we learn about in class. Due to the limit in the number of authors allowed, only students will be able to make posts on this blog. We welcome comments to the posts. Our hope is that this blog will foster dialogue about a number of difficult issues regarding diversity, which in turn will help us to better understand other people's diverse perspectives.
Wow, that is just terrible. I can't believe how hateful some people can be. Thanks for posting this Charlie!
ReplyDeleteSo, interesting story. Recently, I, a completely active Mormon girl, joined a facebook group called "Wear Purple to Support the Victims of Homophobic Bullying." Though I don't agree with the lifestyle, I think that supporting and loving victims of bullying is perfectly acceptable - in fact, it's what we should be doing, in my opinion. It was SHOCKING to me to see all the extremely hateful people on there posting things about how "F**s all need to die" and the like. I had no idea that GLBT's really do have to deal with people like that - I guess I just assumed they didn't exist anymore! So, so sad.
ReplyDelete