Following Wednesday's class period on crime statistics, I thought this would lighten the mood about political miss-information! And there is some truth to this...
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog is designed for a class at Brigham Young University. Students use this blog to discuss elements of our multicultural society that we learn about in class. Due to the limit in the number of authors allowed, only students will be able to make posts on this blog. We welcome comments to the posts. Our hope is that this blog will foster dialogue about a number of difficult issues regarding diversity, which in turn will help us to better understand other people's diverse perspectives.
Oh my goodness. I love this so much. SO MUCH!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I thought this was funny. I love how Jack Black goes around spreading rumors and "information" to all the little kids. The sad part about it all is that a lot of times we as Americans are just like the kids. We find ourselves trying to find anything that looks even remotely out of place and make a whole bunch of assumptions on it. There are so much information circulating out there, especially on the web and media, it is our job to make sure we are skeptical about the things we read and hear, and make intelligent judgments on them.
ReplyDeleteI found this very interesting seeing as like blake metioned we are just like kids. We believe alot of things that are not true yet we tell ourselves we are just misinformed. Well we arent we are bein traped into lies that those with power use for thier own advantages without taking our best interest into account. For instance our government is ruining our nation yet we gave them that chance by electing them based on lies that we were traped in.
ReplyDeleteI thought this was so funny, partly because it is true, partly because the kids in it were funny. I really think this is interesting because many people are not well informed when they vote and frankly don't care that they're not. I learned in my history class that the founding fathers didn't want the general people to have a lot of control in the government because they were uninformed: which is why we have the electoral college. I think that we should be informed in issues. Just because you are a democrat or a republican doesn't mean your side is always right. We all should be informed on both sides and not just believe what others tell us to.
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious! I love it! And it's so true! People just have problems with being gullible! Geez! There are some people who just believe every little thing they hear. And those who tell some of the ridiculous lies are getting better and better at which makes things scary. How are we to know what to believe? Maybe enough is really spelled enouf!!!!! :o I'm so confused now :/ haha
ReplyDeleteI not enjoyed the hilarious comments about beans but I agree with the fact that we are being filled with misinformation all around us. I feel that it is our job to educate ourselves about important issues such as Obama's health care plan and not just say we hate it because it wont work. We need to educate ourselves on these topics on both sides so that we no longer are riding on the coatails of someone else's view
ReplyDeleteThis was a funny way to show how American citizens will believe practically anything unless they are informed otherwise. Whether it's by an authoritative figure or by a peer/friend, we trust easily and assume that what they are telling us is in fact correct. Though it is good to trust leaders and friends, we do need to research issues ourselves and make sure we are educated about them. We can't just be a follower and go along with other people's views or else our opinions won't be accounted for.
ReplyDeletehahahah! That was rich. I always wondered where misinformation originated. :) I'm sending this to my friends.
ReplyDelete