This was sent to me in an e-mail:
2 Videos. 26 years apart. One is from 1984, the other produced as a homage to that ad with a twist of today's lack of optimism.
You can make up your mind whether you think the second ad is fair...
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think we should look at who produced these videos, rather than thinking that these videos accurately represent the American public. The first is produced by Reagan's supporters who are bragging about what they perceived Reagan achieved. The second was produced by a youtube user. What might this imply about their motives?
ReplyDeleteI could not agree more with the second of these two clips. I know that I myself am one of those in mourning and that my husband and I are scare to brin children into the obama america. We did not vote for him nor have we supported him because he is driving our nation into the ground. He is making it harder to just be americans.
ReplyDeleteI think it is a good thing to look farther then the 2nd video for facts but I think it is perfectly fine to disagree with what the government/president is doing to our country. Is this not our duty as citizens? I was talking to a friend recently about Obama and his policies. She said that maybe she didn't agree with everything but he probably knows what he is doing and he is still our president so we need to support him. I very much disagree. It is this kind of view that has brought us into the mess we are in now as far as government is concerned. If anything is ever going to change we need concerned citizens who are willing to make their ideas, fears and doubts known. We cannot just sit by and assume that our government officials are making the best decisions for our country.
ReplyDelete