This is Jimmy McMillan trying to run for the position of governor in the state of New York. He obviously did not win. He was very passionate in his approach to proving his point. I personally think that his humor was a breath of fresh air for this debate. His point becomes very clear throughout the debate. He pretty much stole the show because his platform was something that sticks in your mind. As students at BYU I think that we could agree with his point with regards to on campus housing and off campus housing. There was also a former madam (a woman who runs a brothel) whose argument and platform was that New York should legalize prostitution. People come to these debates with their own agendas, but I think that this debate was an extreme example of that. How far would we go to prove a point that we are passionate about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY4cYsoNCxo&feature=related
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment