Monday, October 10, 2011
The latest news about Alabama's immigration law (the toughest in the nation)
Here are some stories about the latest firestorm in Alabama over the passage of the nation's toughest anti-illegal immigration bill:
The Economic Reality Of Tough Immigration Laws
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's hard to say what's right and wrong about the immigration laws being enforced since it is such a sensitive subject, and I personally know little about it. With the school in Alabama that asked to see documentation, it was interesting that they wouldn't turn anyone away, but wanted to know if parents had documentation or not and then had to report it each year. I don't know what that would do for us other than knowing the number of those without documentation and having an idea of how many are legal and aren't. Although not having documentation didn't mean people could not have their kids attend the school, it was surprising how many parents withdrew their kids from school. There was also the mother who strongly considered home-schooling her child because he was hispanic, knowing that he would undoubtetly be asked about his ethnicity and legality, even when he was a citizen legally. Although I know little about it, I feel this is a small step toward finding out where and how many illegals are here in an approach to finding a solution to the immigrant problem as a whole.
ReplyDelete