South Dakota lawmakers interested in immigration crackdown
PIERRE, S.D. — South Dakota lawmakers are interested in cracking down on illegal immigration.
More than half the lawmakers who responded to a survey by The Associated Press say they would support a bill similar to an Arizona law that directs police enforcing other laws to ask about a suspect's immigration status if there's reason to believe that person is in the U.S. illegally. More than half also would support a measure to penalize people who knowingly hire or help illegal immigrants.
The proposals drew more support from Republicans than from Democrats.
Legislative leaders say the fate of the proposals will depend on the details in the bills. They also acknowledge that illegal immigration is not as big a problem in South Dakota as in other states.
I read this and thought of the video of the man who was part of the Minute Men,and how psycho he was about not helping the illegal immigrants. But I the main question I thought about was about the people who are helping these immigrants by giving them jobs. Should these people hiring illegal immigrants be penalized? For those who are hiring people, should this rule be enforced more of not hiring illegal immigrants knowingly?
Really posted by Adam Seelos
More than half the lawmakers who responded to a survey by The Associated Press say they would support a bill similar to an Arizona law that directs police enforcing other laws to ask about a suspect's immigration status if there's reason to believe that person is in the U.S. illegally. More than half also would support a measure to penalize people who knowingly hire or help illegal immigrants.
The proposals drew more support from Republicans than from Democrats.
Legislative leaders say the fate of the proposals will depend on the details in the bills. They also acknowledge that illegal immigration is not as big a problem in South Dakota as in other states.
I read this and thought of the video of the man who was part of the Minute Men,and how psycho he was about not helping the illegal immigrants. But I the main question I thought about was about the people who are helping these immigrants by giving them jobs. Should these people hiring illegal immigrants be penalized? For those who are hiring people, should this rule be enforced more of not hiring illegal immigrants knowingly?
Really posted by Adam Seelos
I think that Rule of Law states that prospectivity would be in violation. We can't just pass a law so that we can punish employers for hiring illegally. I agree maybe it was wrong for them to do so, but to just now decide to snap at it would cause even more damage. I believe in helping where help is needed. I don't think it should be illegal to help people! If they were doing something wrong such as harming another individual or committing crimes, then it would be bad to assist that, but helping them to live and to provide for a family should not be punished.
ReplyDelete