Monday, February 6, 2012
Alabama's Sweeping Immigration Bill & Self-Deportation
Learn everything you need to know about the toughest immigration law in the country and who is behind not only the law, but Romney's new policy of self-deportation. Will it work? You be the judge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Immigration laws is a subject that is very personal to me. I have come to the United States under a student visa. I have followed all the requirements to come this country as legal as possible. I have followed the rules since day one upon my arrival. One of the reasons of coming here was to receive a better education that my country couldn't provide. I do not intend to stay here after completing my education, although, if a good job offer arise I will consider staying. My point is that, eventhough I have follow the regulations to come here, I am still affected by the immigration polices that have been coming out. One of the first questions that american people have asked me is "how did you get here? swimming or hiding in a bus?" I usually reply "I rode a donkey" I truly believe that people need to be more open-mind on how this issue is affectiong people's life. I wonder how it would be (I don't think it will ever happen) if americans needed to immigrate to a different country.
ReplyDeleteYarelly L. Ovalle
I appreciate your post. I had never thought about the idea of Americans going elsewhere, and I think that you are right. I feel for those trying to come into the United States, and denied visas... I feel that this is a very hard situation to be put into, but I think as Americans we need to be less judge mental. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Thank you for your insight.
ReplyDeleteBrooke Irvin