Thursday, February 9, 2012

Do Not let the Chain of Love end with You


People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care.
It is so true and those who do not show their love do not love. These are some bits of wisdom that I have learned over the years. I have an increased attitude of gratitude. It increases every time I hear stories of people like Kathy, Cole, and Canada who pay it forward. I have been taught principles like these all my life and that is the key, to be reminded all throughout life. The word “remember” is what I consider to be one of the most important words in the English language. I pray that we might always remember and never forget to be Christ-like to others. I realize it is often overwhelming to think of helping everyone, and discouragement seeps in when you think of how small your contributions are, especially if they are monetary. Although I do not wish to belittle the millionaires for their contributions I cannot help but think that those people will be in another pinch as soon as the financial reservoir is drained. My dad never gave me much material wise, but he taught me how to fish and I will use that for a lifetime. I think we need to realize that our time, talents, and energies, can be of great worth if we do not abuse them. If we devote them to investing in the futures of others like Canada did, according to circumstances that are in our control, I believe this world will be much better off. I was always taught to pray for peace of mind for the things I cannot change, for courage for the things I can, and for wisdom to know the difference. If nothing else, remember this, do not let the chain of love end with you.

Daniel Souza

2 comments:

  1. In this world today, the emotion love and usage of love is used so lightly. It is so easy to become angry at someone, or get annoyed. But, I have learned that serving others will ultimately make you feel better and make others around you feel better also. Showing our love and appreciation towards others is what we need more in this world today.

    Waisha Maddux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I could not have said it better myself. Even though all of us might not have the capacity to serve quite to the extent of these wonderfully unselfish people, I agree that at the very least we should love. Never in my life have I seen more love emanating from my mother than when she cared for my father in the last while in his life. She was just called as the compassionate service leader. While my dad would sleep in the hospital, she would arrange meals for new mothers, and check up on the widows, and found beds for the missionaries. All the while, she supported me in my failed attempts to comfort her and be useful. My mother is an amazing example of Christ-like love. I pray that I can imitate her example as best as I can. No matter how small, service will always be remembered. Even though most of my siblings are not with my mom now, the ward is supporting my mom now that she is a widow because of all the service she rendered for the last 27 years. I hope all of us can remember to show love to others and to show compassion.

    Rebecca Anderson

    ReplyDelete